We are so proud of and excited for our Veterinary Assistant Hollie as she recently attained her Level III Veterinary Assistant Certification through the CVMA.
Are you aware of the vital role veterinary assistants play on the team?
An animal healthcare facility relies on the assistance of veterinary assistants in a variety of ways. There are a number of important daily tasks that a veterinary assistant carries out to make sure the entire operation runs efficiently. Veterinary assistants make valuable contributions to animal healthcare teams and make the jobs of all those around them easier to manage.
A quick glimpse into some of the responsibilities of a veterinary assistant:
- Answering customer calls, scheduling appointments
- Managing client histories
- Discharging clients at appropriate times
- Making contact with other veterinary facilities for records requests
- Inventory control
- Sterilization of equipment and instruments
- Disinfecting animal cages
- Helping to fill prescriptions
- Organize examination rooms properly
- Maintaining accurate and updated records
- Overseeing specific dietary needs of animals
- Animal walking duties
- Setting up surgical suite
- Preparing patients for surgery and dental procedures
These are just some of the responsibilities that make Veterinary Assistants such an integral role to the success of a veterinary practice. Thank you Hollie and the rest of the A Pet’s Place Longmont team for everything you do!